Wednesday 15 March 2017

Self Portrait - 1 minute film


Self Portrait Link:


Proposal: 

So for this video, I have decided to make a video that reflects my life. There is several different ways you can do it, such as doing a timeline / gallery styled video in which would show pictures and old footage of me growing up and this would be done by displaying each piece is chronological order. Another way, and the way I am choosing to do would be to make a "Week in the life". This is easily achieve by just picking up a camera and somewhat documenting my week (almost like a vlog, except this self-portrait won't have any dialogue).

The Aesthetic I am choosing to do primarily Point of view (P.O.V.) shots. The overall idea is to make a "Week in the Life" where I video my week and then make it into a video. The tone and pacing is going to be fast, energetic and somewhat light hearted.

I have chosen to not use any archive footage as I feel it wouldn't fit the aesthetic and overall idea of the piece. This is mainly because I'm aiming for it to seem like a very fluid and cinematic experience which would be ruined by still images and/or older lesser quality footage.

This would require no actors as I am using myself, but the technique is P.O.V. so you only occasionally see my hands and maybe even feet, you don’t see anything else. Too spice it up, and make it less boring, I might add a wide angle tripod shot as it’s a quick grab and it would make the piece more visually interesting whilst keeping things convenient and easy. But seeing as the video is a maximum of 1 minute in length, I might not have too.

Sound will most likely be the hardest challenge, this is because there will be no script for dialogue, no dialogue as it is and no copyrighted music. This leaves two options; royalty free music and / or self composed music. Personally, I can't read, write or produce music so I won't be composing music, so it leaves me with one option which is royalty free music. The main and ultimate problem which royalty free music is that its either basic or of lesser quality. This can either lower the overall production value or distract the viewers from the video or in some cases bore them.


Storyboard:





No comments:

Post a Comment